Forum Wingfoil - Pimpyourride.fr

Forum 100% Wingfoil, Wingsurf, Surf foil et sports de glisse : Matos, session, videos, tutos, apprentissage etc

Retrouvez toutes les wings des marques, spécifications techniques, découvrez et faites vos feedback de sessions !
By Jurf
I bought last week the 5m in that colour :)
Since then it is constantly blowing 3-4m weather so didnt had the change to try it, but it looks awesome.
Some stuff I really like over the V2
I really like the handles.
double tubes and a dumpvalve is a bit overkill, but is at least a lot quicker packing up as with the current wing.
The whole profile looks a tiny bit more compact and stiffer as the V2 that I still like a lot.

Minus: no leash.
By youdig_surf
Interesting windows shape, is it convenient to look through them ?
By nicopen
Could you measure the wingspan and the chord please ?
It's always interesting to have this information and I don't understand why brands don't systematically give this information on their datasheets ...
By RicCCochet
Yes, it's fun to have all the numbers, like how much low/hi is the aspect ratio on that wing for example. But wingspan is not a good indicator if a wing will touch water or not, it's more the Dihedral that provide you that indication.
By Jurf
nicopen a écrit : lun. févr. 06, 2023 8:54 am Could you measure the wingspan and the chord please ?
It's always interesting to have this information and I don't understand why brands don't systematically give this information on their datasheets ...
@Nicopen
Right now it is freezing here and a couple of days without wind, but as soon as I can hit the water with it I will measure it as well.
The Mantis V2 wasnt the most compact wing out there, but i,m 188cm tall so the length doesnt bother me a lot and with a decent technique you can pump it very well.

@Youdig_surf: I haven,t tried it yet, but it looked like well placed.
I will report back when I tried. Personal I think windows are overated and almost never use them. If I could choose for the same wing without them like with my V2, I would pick that.
By flash33
Comme j'ai pu le dire sur les Mantis V2, elles taillent grand par rapport à d'autres marques comme takoon ou gong.
il faut rajouter un bon 0.5 m² par rapport à celle citées ci dessus.
D'où ma question , est ce que les V3 2023 seront elles aussi grandes que les V2???
By michass
Moi aussi j'ai remarqué que les v2 taillaient vraiment grand.
Par contre les crosswing x2 taillent super petit (crosswing x2 7m = takoon 6m superposées :roll: :roll: :roll: )
C'est à n'y rien comprendre......
By nicololo
Je confirme aussi pour avoir essayé et superposé takoon 5m et 6m
Ainsi que Mantis v2 5m
La cabrinha 5m ressemble plus à la takoon 6m qu'à la 5!
Elle tire fort
Je me suis un peu fait avoir
Du coup j'ai acheté une Mantis 4.5 en version Windows
On verra bien
Je vous dirais
By nicololo
Non une 4.5 v2 comme dit plus haut pas michass

Essayé hier dans un bon force 3
Ça pousse fort pour la taille
Avec une traction plus vertical que la takoon j'ai l'impression
L'aile est moins reposante dans les longs bords mais plus facile car neutre dans les transitions
Et permet de bien faire accélérer le foil au départ en vol avec les petites ailes de foil
' j'étais en slalom l 700 aérômod '

Hâte d'avoir des retours de cette v3 et des qualités vs v2
By Jurf
I haven't been able to measure the 5m yet, but have now sailed 2x...and bought a 4m with it which I was able to try 1x.
Here in the netherlands it is currently around 2-3degrees celcius. sessions are therefore max 2 hours because after that even in a 5-6mm wetsuit with hood and gloves and 6mm boots I am so cold I have to stop.

On the beach: inflation is faster because the V3 has 2 tubes. the struts also feel stiffer.
Compared to the V2, the V3 is a bit more compact and feels a bit softer. The power build-up is therefore slightly less direct as the V2 without windows. I think the windows cause the V3 to feel slightly softer.
The big difference is in the handles: the handles of the V3 are slightly elastic and because they are thin, I can also use them with gloves without armspump. They are really an awesome upgrade!
It feels like I can now sail a bit higher upwind, at least a lot higher than one of my buddies with the Strike V2 who has aprox the same level.

Surf:
The V2 was imo already super in thast, and that is unchanged. The surfhandle could have been a bit wider, because with gloves and numb fingers from the cold I don't always get in properly this way.
Fortunately, with 2 or 3 fingers it is also easy to surf and without gloves no problem. As with the V2, the surf handle is very stiff and allows you to really controll the wing.

Hopefully it will warm up soon and I can feel a bit better what is happening.

some footage a friend made of me: I,m on the white/green Mantis V3
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]